Saturday 15 August 2009

Catching the Butterfly

Sunglasses - Check... Spare inner tubes... Check... Leopard print Speedos - Check... Splendid. Everything is now all packed up and ready to go for tomorrows travel day to base camp in Wick. Been double checking everything and trying to imagine all eventualities of things I might need in any given situation. Yet in realistic terms at the most that might occur is getting the odd puncture or at best a thick ear. So I am going to take a deep breath and keep repeating the Mantra 'Less is more', especially when you have to bear the weight for mile after mile up rolling hills.

It has just dawned on me that there is a possibility that my phone might not receive Internet connection in some of the more remote parts of the journey especially through the highlands. So gasp, shock, horror you might have to wait in anticipation for some of the daily blog updates from time to time. I am sure you will cope somehow.

Right, that’s it I’m signing off and going for a few beers as there is not a cat in hells chance that I will get a proper nights sleep tonight with the thought that I might have forgotten something.

The butterflies have started already... remind me, why are we doing this again...

Gravy.

No comments: